Renaissance BioScience Corp. is a leading global biological engineering company. We believe biology can transform our world by creating the things we need in healthier, more productive, and sustainable ways. Using our proprietary biological engineering platform, we create transformative solutions to real-world problems in global industries like food and beverage, agriculture, chemicals, and healthcare.
To help build our leading research and development team, we aim to hire smart people who are self-starters and results driven. If you are a team player looking for an opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, rapidly growing life sciences company, consider applying for the opportunity below today.
Do you want to be part of a team that innovates for beer, wine and food? Are you someone who likes to work in a fast-paced environment, thrives on multitasking and enjoys helping others? Does working on projects across a wide range of industries interest you?
Renaissance is looking for a driven and collaborative Global Sales & Partnership Manager to join our team. In this role you will be required to travel internationally and be based out of our offices located on the University of British Columbia’s main campus, in beautiful Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the CEO, the Global Sales & Partnership Manager will be responsible for building and growing product sales by supporting our global licensee for Renaissance alcohol beverage yeast with emphasis on brewers yeast for the global craft beer industry.
The Global Sales & Partnership Manager will lead all key account management, technical sales, marketing, branding and sales activities to ensure innovation, customer value and quality and consistency of product.
This is not a typical beverage sales job. The Global Sales & Partnership Manager is also a liaison between our product development team and our manufacturing and distribution partners.
Our ideal candidate is technically savvy and a strong relationship builder.
This role is ideal for someone who likes to travel internationally to build innovative products and solutions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Key Account Management
- Develops and drives sales and marketing strategies based on corporate goals, customer feedback, licensee feedback and innovation.
- Identifies business opportunities and the strategies to achieve them.
- Maintains and builds strategic relationships with our global licensee, end-use customers and key decision makers as a trusted and innovative partner.
- Develops joint business plans with our global licensee and end-use customers to find mutually aligned objectives that drive mutual growth.
- Develops, achieves and grows business and sales targets.
- Builds innovative proposals based on customer needs, insights and the customer's decision criteria.
- Works with our exclusive global licensee to ensure production, distribution, timelines and commitments are met.
- Works with distributors to optimize the market.
- Manages our key account and manufacturing requirements.
- Sets and manages targeted quarterly meetings to support and solidify partner relationships and results.
- Develops a comprehensive client database with key account information and opportunities.
- Utilize sales and marketing data and insights to manage, develop, and serve existing as well as new account
- Knows all of the technical aspects of the products and is able to communicate this information to technical and non-technical stakeholders in multiple forms of presentation.
- Provides on-going product application service to customer accounts.
- Communicates technical and business opportunities from the field to drive new product development.
- Travels extensively, as required, to support key accounts and distributors in direct sales or at conferences, launch new products.
- Continually acquires detailed knowledge of the Company’s technologies, products, organizational goals and business philosophies to successfully develop and implement sales plans and capitalize on new business ideas
- Maintains a command of the current relevant scientific literature relating to brewing, winemaking, cider making, and coffee fermentation.
- Troubleshoots customer field trials with the aid of RBSC Scientific Leads. Effectively communicates findings to relevant stakeholders.
Marketing & Branding
- Ensures online branding supports our partners to maximize market potential.
- Communicates, delivers and supports partners with marketing and branding support.
- Assists in maintaining a coherent branding and marketing strategy for Renaissance’s products.
- Manages and support the distribution network for Renaissance products globally.
- Develops product sales plans, pricing, and sales forecasts to support corporate objectives.
- Develops sales materials & presentations to support key accounts and distributors.
- Fields all incoming communication related to our licensed products. This includes technical questions, sales inquiries, or certification needs.
- Designs and implements, in conjunction with key accounts, a marketing and brand-building plan for RBSC products to increase product awareness and sales.
- Manages commercial website creation, design, and updates.
- Manages and directs marketing consultants and outside marketing services.
- Manages all branded materials, graphic design, print materials related to RYI and BBY (Advertisements, Catalogues, Product Sheets/naming, Technical Documents, Labels).
- Supports global distributors marketing and sales efforts (certifications, advertising, etc.)
- Additional duties, as required.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, marketing and/or science or the equivalent education and experience.
- Proven business to business sales experience in the beer and beverage industry working in account management or in a similar role is a major asset.
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets and KPI’s.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate technical information to a variety of stakeholders.
- Technically savvy with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, database creation and market research and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English; clearly express ideas in written and oral communications and presentations.
- Proficiency in the Spanish language or multiple languages is an asset.
- Demonstrated problem solving attitude; completes more with less. Identifies and optimizes opportunities.
- Collaborates to efficiently and effectively meet the requirements of role.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and in a team setting; strong self-starter work ethic/attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and thrive in an entrepreneurial, growing, and changing work environment.
- Ability and motivated by the opportunity to work in multiple time zones and travel internationally between 25-40% of the time to ensure exceptional customer service.
This is a full-time role that requires significant international travel to build relationships and meet our objectives. General office workdays are Monday to Friday, with the requirement and ability to be able to travel weekends when needed.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and a brief cover letter indicating why you feel you are a fit for this role to email@example.com. Please indicate Global Sales & Partnership Manager in the subject line. We would like to thank all applicants who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, thank you.
About Renaissance BioScience Corp.
Renaissance BioScience Corp. is a privately held, global, industry leading biological engineering company based in Vancouver, Canada. Renaissance develops functional, market-ready microorganisms for the global food and beverage, agriculture, chemicals, and healthcare industries. The wholly owned commercial subsidiaries of Renaissance BioScience Corp. include Renaissance Yeast Inc., which commercializes H2S-preventing wine yeast; Renaissance Ingredients Inc., which commercializes acrylamide-reducing baker’s yeast; and Bright Brewers Yeast Inc., which commercializes beer yeast technologies. Detailed information about the Renaissance group of companies can be accessed at renaissancebioscience.com.